Friday 6 December 2013

Update

Well I guess 2nd Career isn't really all that interested in my son and daughter's money....just mine should I make any. It seems silly that they want you to get educated and get a job but make it so darned difficult to live while you do that you want to scream at them "hey why don't you trade places and give it a go....see how long you last for". Not that it would do much good, they'd simply stay calm and ma'am me to death LOL.

Meeghan still has heard nothing about an interview for a potential part time job at the cafe she just finished doing her training at. It is very stressful for her, she hasn't enough money to pay for medication for the next month, so she will likely have to miss a month. We are still trying to see if the ODB will now cover her since she is now without work...but since our file with OW would have been closed after 2 months off....it doesn't seem like there is much hope there. We can't afford to pay into the Trillium premiums up front so it's leaving things hanging quite a bit.

Then I listened to a radio broadcast yesterday where they were talking about all the people who went to St. Mary's seeking employment. About a 1000 applicants for 300 some odd jobs. Of course the radio host (why did I put on the radio when there was no power yesterday...I must be nuts LOL) he was wondering why it wasn't more. Well let me think...when you have a family you have to look at the big picture.

The way EI is set up and now OW (no more help with moving expenses) taking a job "anywhere" doesn't seem like an option if you have NOTHING you can use to pay for the trip. Family is great if you have one, or if they have money and no struggles either.  For the St. Mary's one, a working car and gas money is likely a requirement. I know we have problems trying to do the job bit in the city where we need to use a bus to get to places. A lot of work is "not on a bus route" and it is frustrating beyond all reason.

On another topic, my weaving has been steadily improving...I'm hoping to someday, maybe...turn it into a way to make money to help out with expenses around the house. Not sure about the sketching bit...I'm a bit rusty now from lack of use LOL.

Anyway that's about it from the stuggling to survive family of nuts here. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment